Pain is a very common condition. Around one-third of Australians are in pain, with one in five reporting that their pain is constant. The occurrence of pain rises as people get older. Studies suggest that a person’s outlook and the way they cope emotionally with long-term (chronic) pain can influence their quality of life.
A wide variety of complaints usually respond extremely well to Bowen & Body Balance Technique (HNC), some of the most common are:
- Headaches and Migraines
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Feeling dizzy
- Feelings of numbness and/or tingling
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Back pain, sciatica and scoliosis
- Digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Respiratory problems
- Groin pain, hip pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- Knee, ankle and foot problems
- Sports and accident injuries
Neck and back pain are often linked to cranial or head injuries. These are often the most undiagnosed causes of pain and therefore a common untreated physical problem. Because injury involves nerves and muscles that hold the head on the shoulders, a system of reactive muscles comes into play and this also affects the stability of the hips and pelvis, becoming a major player in the cause of lower back pain.